Purpose of the Role:
A supportive role in the strategy process including Kitbag’s strategic agenda. Business planning and market analysis to support the business’ short and long term growth and development. This role requires candidates with strong commercial acumen who want to move away from technical accounting and into business development and market analysis, providing sound information in an informative manner to inform key decisions at Board level.
- Supporting the Business Development Process within the Commercial team with financial analysis and development and production of Tender support materials.
Strategic Research & Analysis:
- Analyse business/shopper/partner needs, market landscape, competitor trends and internal capabilities to ensure we make robust, face-based recommendations to the Kitbag leadership team, Findel plc and the wider business. Able to interpret complex data and present back to non-financial professionals.
- Working across key business functions, including direct support to the CEO and Financial Planning and Strategy Manager on specific corporate and strategic projects and to develop the Kitbag strategy and support effective commercial decision making.
Board Level Presentation & Decision Support:
- Provide commercial decision support for strategic initiatives and new business development opportunities to better inform and influence decision making and support the delivery of business targets.
- Qualified accountant with 2-3 years PQE or MBA, ideally within a related industry.
- Experience working for or with a Strategy / Business Development function of a leading retailer/consumer goods company
- Strong sport and sports retail industry knowledge preferred
- Effective Time Management, Planning & Organisation skills
- Computer literacy (highly competent in PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
- Excellent research and presentation expertise.
- Must demonstrate an ability to identify and evaluate market trends and present them clearly and professionally to both internal and external clients.